Michael A. Kolesar, Associate
As an associate in the Real Estate and Corporate practice groups, Michael provides legal counsel to entrepreneurs, real estate investors, developers, closely held and emerging companies, joint venture partners, and lenders.
Michael assists clients throughout every stage of investment. For real estate matters, Michael advises clients on entity structuring, acquisitions and dispositions, issuance of equity and debt securities, financing, development, construction agreements, and other general real estate matters. For corporate matters, Michael advises clients on entity formation and structuring, member and shareholder agreements, private placement securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and project financing, and other general corporate matters.
By drawing upon his prior professional experience as an owner’s representative and civil engineer for large institutional investors, Michael can uniquely analyze and interpret clients’ needs from a more fully informed perspective. In addition to his experience advising principals on construction projects, Michael obtained a master’s degree in real estate, which allows him to more fully understand the needs of his clients from a business viewpoint.
Michael is also a Licensed Professional Engineer (Colorado) and a LEED Accredited Professional.
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law; Denver University Law Review, Editor; Order of St. Ives; Order of the Coif
- M.S., University of Denver, Real Estate Development
- B.S., University of Colorado, Civil Engineering
- “Senate Bill 177 Offers Alternative to Construction Defect Reform,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, March 4, 2015
Membership - Professional Associations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Wheat Ridge Local Works, Board of Directors; Chair of Real Estate Committee
- U.S. Green Building Council, Colorado Chapter; Board of Directors (2008-2009)
1700 Lincoln Street, Suite 4300
Denver CO 80203
Phone: (303) 298-1122
Fax: (303) 296-9101