Mark Gruskin, Director
Mark joined the firm in 2000. His practice primarily focuses on construction law, alternative dispute resolution and litigation (commercial and real estate). He is counsel for many construction industry clients, including owners (both public and private), developers, contractors, construction managers, specialty trade contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and trade associations. He is a member of the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry and Public Contract Law Section as well as the Colorado Bar Association’s Construction Law Forum. Mark has served as the Chapter Attorney for the American Subcontractors Association’s Colorado Chapter since 1991 and has been a member of the Steering Committee of Division 9 of the ABA Forum on Construction Industry (Specialty Trade Contractors and Suppliers). Mark has also been selected as a Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America. Mark is a member of the construction industry panel of arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association and has served as a sole arbitrator and arbitration panel member in construction related arbitrations. He has experience as a court appointed and private mediator in construction and commercial disputes. Mark has assisted in passing legislation of interest to the construction community, including drafting key portions of the Colorado statute limiting risk transfer/indemnification in construction contracts. Mark has been selected as a SuperLawyer in Colorado for construction litigation matters. He is a frequent author and lecturer on construction litigation and contracts, and other related topics. Mark is also admitted to the Illinois bar.
- B.A. University of Wisconsin (1972)
- J.D. University of Denver College of Law (1976)
Co-Author, “Case Study on P3s — Denver’s Fast Tracks Eagle P3 Partnership,” The Contractor’s Compass, September 2015.
- “Risky Business: You Don’t Have to Shoulder All the Responsibility on the Job Construction Contract Legal Principles and Killer Contract Clauses” presented to the American Concrete Pumping Association at the 2017 Education Conference, Grapevine, TX, October 2.
- “Clause and Effect: Basic Contract Law Principles and Killer Contract Clauses” presented to Insulation Contractors Association of America 2016 Annual Convention and Trade Show, Denver, CO, September 30.
- “Mechanic’s Liens and Public Works Claims in Colorado” presented at the 15th Annual Southwest Business and Construction Credit Conference, Tempe, AZ, April 9.
- “Mechanic’s Liens and Public Works Claims in Colorado” presented at the 14th Annual Southwest Business and Construction Credit Conference, Tempe, AZ, April 10.
- Speaker: 12th Annual Southwest Business and Construction Credit Conference.
- “Advanced Construction Law in Colorado.” Given by the National Business Institute, October 29.
- “Representing Certain Parties In The Construction Law Process – Representing Subcontractors and Materialmen in the Construction Law Process.” Given by the Colorado Bar Association, CLE In Colorado, Inc. October 2.
- Author/Lecturer, Mechanic’s Lien and Public Works Claims in Colorado, presented to National Business Institute
- Author/Lecturer, The Uniform Commercial Code and The Construction Industry: Do the Warranties Really Apply?, presented to the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry Annual Meeting. April.
- Author/Lecturer, Mechanic’s Lien and Public Works Claims, presented to National Association of Credit Managers (1997 – present).
- Author/Lecturer, Project Issues from the Subcontractor’s Perspective, presented to CLE International Construction Law & Litigation Conference (1996-2001).
- Author/Lecturer, Design Build in Colorado, presented to CLE International Construction Law Conference.
- Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy Deposition Technique Program (1987-1997).
1700 Lincoln Street, Suite 4300
Denver CO 80203
Phone: (303) 298-1122
Fax: (303) 296-9101