David C. Camp, Director
Dave joined the firm in 1995 and represents clients in all aspects of real estate transactions including leasing, development, construction, financing and ownership issues. Dave has experience in various commercial finance matters, most frequently corporate and real estate financing, including mezzanine loans, construction loans, loan portfolio acquisitions, multi-state, multi-property transactions and traditional mortgage loans. His national clients include Whole Foods Market, Inc.
Dave lectures and has written articles on various real estate and financing topics. In 2017 he was appointed as the Vice Chair of the Emerging Issues and Specialty Leases Committee of the American Bar Association.
- B.A. Middlebury College (cum laude) (1989)
- J.D. University of Pennsylvania Law School (1992)
- Presenter, American Bar Association/Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, 30th Annual Spring Symposia, “Five Calculations Every Leasing Attorney Should Know How to Make,” May 11, 2018.
- Presenter, American Bar Association/Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, “Putting the FUN in the Fundamental Concepts of Commercial Leases,” January 17, 2018.
- Lecturer, Colorado Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, “Making the Work Letter Work for You: How to Write a Work Letter that is Clear and Comprehensive,” October 20, 2017.
- Co-Author, “How to draft a successful work letter,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, October 4, 2017.
- Author, “Due diligence: What to hand off, how much to do & when to stop,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, October 5, 2016.
- “A few thoughts on percentage rent,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, December 16, 2014.
- The Commercial Lease Formsbook: Expert Tools for Drafting and Negotiating, American Bar Association, 2004.
- “What Do You Expect Me To Do About It? Landlord’s Security Post 9/11,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, July 2, 2003.
- Negotiating CAM Charges in Lease. Denver, CO: Colorado Real Estate Journal, June 18 – July 1, 2003, p. 23.
- “Make the Owner Promise that Space Isn’t Contaminated,” Commercial Tenant’s Lease Insider, June 2003.
- Presenter, American Bar Association’s 29th Annual Spring Symposia, “Love Thy Neighbor: Negotiating Co-Tenancy Provisions in an Evolving Retail Landscape,” April 21, 2017.
- Lecturer, Professional Education Broadcast Network, “Retail Leases: Drafting Tips and Negotiating Traps,” March 22, 2017.
- Lecturer, Professional Education Broadcast Network, “Negotiating and Drafting Issues with Small Commercial Leases,” May 31, 2016.
- Online Lecturer, Colorado Bar Association CLE Audio Webcast,”Due Diligence in Real Estate Acquisitions,” August 2, 2016.
- Professional Education Broadcast Network, “Drafting and Reviewing Commercial Leases (Part 1 & Part 2),” webinar, December, 2015.
- ICSC 2013 Canadian Law Conference, “Building a House of Cards: The Significance of Opening and Operating Co-Tenancies”, Toronto, Ontario.
- National CLE Conference, “Retail Leasing: CAM and Exclusive Use Provision,” January 2006
- ICSC US Shopping Center Law Conference, “Ground Leases,” October 2005.
- National CLE Conference, “New Worries. Few Answers,” January 2004.
- National CLE Conference, “Major Issues; Drafting and Negotiating Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements,” January 2003.
- Women in Real Estate Continuing Legal Education, “Lease Letters of Intent,” Denver, Colorado, October 29, 1999.
- Lorman Education Services, “Limiting Lease Liability,” Denver, Colorado, June 19, 1998.
1700 Lincoln Street, Suite 4300
Denver CO 80203
Phone: (303) 298-1122
Fax: (303) 296-9101